UARR is seeking a Part-time Bookkeeper. This is a contract position for 15 hours/week from October 2022 to December 2022, with possibility of extension.
Deadline to apply is September 27th, 2022.
View the posting for details.
Job Title: Bookkeeper, Part-time 15 hours/week (Hybrid)
Term: October 2022 to December 2022 (with a possibility of extension)
- Oversee financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations.
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develop a system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balance accounts by reconciling entries, and maintain a general ledger by preparing a trial balance.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Occasionally assist with basic HR duties like new hire documents, compliance, and payroll filings
- Must be organized, thorough and have great attention to detail
- Ability to analyze information and deal with complexity
- Ability to report research results
- Must have excellent data entry skills, and knowledge of Accounting Principles and software
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism
- Minimum of 2 years of previous bookkeeping experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA is an asset
- Previous experience with a non-profit is an asset
This position is a hybrid work model which requires working on-site from the office at least 1 day per week.
Compensation: $25-30 per hour (depending on qualifications and experience)
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by September 27th, 2022 by 2pm, to:
UARR is committed to employment equity & encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.