UARR is currently taking applications for Research, Policy, and Public Education Project Coordinator starting this Fall!
Deadline to apply is December 3rd!
View the posting for details.
Job Title: Project Coordinator - Research, Policy and Public Education
Term: 35 hours/week from January 2022 to December 2022 (with a possibility of extension)
- Research and develop educational content/curriculum on racism and anti-racism as it relates to the fields of education, media, policing and health
- Perform analysis of collected data using accurate measurement metrics, and produce reports summarizing the findings of the research
- Update social media and the website with findings from research projects
- Prepare written materials (ie. position papers, policy briefs and statements) for external circulation on racism related incidents/topics
- Engage community stakeholders in supporting the assigned research initiatives
- Recruit and coordinate the volunteers who are interested in helping out with policy and research initiatives
- Support the evaluation of the Coalition for Racial Equity in Education activities
- Coordinate all aspects of any conferences, seminars or advocacy events related to racial equity initiatives
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years of experience in project management, including design, delivery and evaluation
- Experience in writing statements and brief policy documents
- Familiarity of issues impacting BIPOC communities and the knowledge of the various community assets and resources available
- Experience in developing and facilitating anti-racism educational programs
- Experience in managing volunteers, and supervising staff
- Strong academic and community-based research skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills
- Strong computer skills including skills related to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Compensation: $40,000 to $50,000 annual salary (depending on qualifications and experience)
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by December 3rd, 2021 by 2pm, to:
UARR is committed to employment equity & encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.