UARR is currently hiring for a Research Projects Coordinator. Deadline to apply is April 26th.
View the posting for details.
Research Projects Coordinator
Contract: 30 hours/week (4 months contract)
• Conduct basic primary and secondary research in three areas/systems of focus: Education, Media and Policing
• Write position papers, policy briefs and statements for the organization
• Engage community stakeholders in supporting the assigned research initiatives
• Recruit and coordinate the volunteers who are interested in helping out with policy and research initiatives
• Support the evaluation of the Coalition for Racial Equity in Education activities
• Coordinate all aspects an Academic Conference of the Coalition for Racial Equity in Education as well as the annual Racial Justice Summit (both virtual conferences)
• Update social media and website with content from the research projects
• Assist with other duties as assigned including any time sensitive COVID19 related responses needed to be under-taken by the organization
• Strong academic and community-based research skills
• Strong communication skills, particularly written communication skills
• Experience in working on research projects, especially in the area of anti-racism and education
• Experience in writing statements and brief policy documents
• Experience in event coordination and promotion
• Experience in project management, including design, delivery and evaluation
• Familiarity of issues impacting BIPOC communities and the knowledge of the various community assets and resources available
• Understanding of anti-racism and anti-oppression framework and principles
• Strong social media and digital communications skills
All activities coordinated by this position are online and the position will be working virtually during the four months period.
Compensation Range: $23 to $25/hr (based on experience)
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by April 26th by 2pm, to:
UARR is committed to employment equity & encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.