UARR is hiring Fellowship Coordinators for this Summer! Deadline to apply is June 13th.
View the posting for details.
Black Youth Fellowship Coordinator, Tamil Youth Fellowship Coordinator, Filipino Youth Fellowship Coordinator & Muslim Youth Fellowship Coordinator
Contract: Full Time 35 hours/week (8 weeks)
• Organizing an outreach strategy to promote the fellowship and other related program within the respective communities
• Engage community stakeholders in supporting the initiative in 2022-2023
• Implement a fundraising strategy to raise funds for the fellowship program
• Recruit and train a group of youth from the respective communities to engage in policy related youth leadership roles
• Outreach to various student groups across different neighbourhoods in Scarborough to engage them in the fellowship initiative and other youth leadership initiatives within the organization
• Support the organization in one or more of the four assigned areas: communications, training, community education and special event coordination
• Assist with other duties as assigned including any time sensitive COVID19 related research and policy support work.
• Strong leadership and outreach skills
• Experience in working/volunteering in the community on youth leadership programs
• Ability to speak a second language especially one connected to the fellowship will be an asset
• Familiarity of issues impacting the respective communities and the knowledge of the various community assets in the same communities
• Understanding of anti-racism and anti-oppression framework and principles
• Strong communication skills and social media skills
Compensation Range: $18/hour
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by June 13th, 2022 by 2pm, to:
*Please mention which of the four positions you are applying to.
These positions are made available through the support of Canada Summer Jobs. Therefore, these positions are only open to youth under the age of 30.
UARR is committed to employment equity & encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.