UARR is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join the team. This is a contract position for 40 hours/week from January to December, with possibility of extension.
Deadline to apply is January 20th, 2023.
View the posting for details.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Term: 40 hours/week from January to December 2023 (with a possibility of extension)
This is an on-site position requiring regular travel to the office in Scarborough, Ontario.
▪ First point of contact for all inquiries, responding to all e-mails and phone calls in a professional manner
▪ Prepare correspondences and written statements for circulation
▪ Assist Program Leads, Administrator and Executives with coordinating and scheduling meetings, and recording meeting minutes
▪ Produce methods of effective filing, record keeping, and organizing important documents
▪ Prepare and update material for external communications; Website, Newsletters, Social Media posts etc.
▪ Produce program summaries and reports for distribution to stakeholders
▪ Support the team with various tasks; collecting documents, data entry, and follow-up communications
▪ Assist with the collection of data for payroll, accounts payables and receivables
▪ Assist with event planning, program implementation, and project management for certain initiatives
▪ Support with recruitment and hiring initiatives; scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, drafting contracts etc.
▪ Assist with miscellaneous support to leadership as needed
▪ At least two years of experience in administrative duties
▪ Ability to travel to the office location to work on-site
▪ Ability to carry out various tasks efficiently with attention to detail
▪ Ability to understand instructions and apply sound judgment while meeting tight deadlines
▪ Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
▪ Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively as part of a team
▪ Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and Google Suite
▪ Basic skills in maintaining database, tracking data and book-keeping
▪ Ability to manage time and solve conflicts effectively with excellent interpersonal skills
▪ Previous experience in office administration and delegating tasks
Compensation: $40,000 annual salary
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by January 20th, 2023 by 2pm, to: Hiring Committee,
Please state the title of the position you are applying for in your e-mail application.
UARR is committed to employment equity & encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.