UARR is currently taking applications for Diversity Youth Fellowship Project Coordinator starting this Fall!
Deadline to apply is December 3rd!
View the posting for details.
Job Title: Project Coordinator, Diversity Youth Fellowship
Term: 35 hours/week from January 2022 to December 2022 (with a possibility of extension)
- Organizing the outreach to promote the various anti-racism education programs
- Engage community stakeholders in supporting the assigned initiatives
- Implement a fundraising strategy to raise funds for the fellowship program in general and for the anti-racism education initiatives
- Recruit, coach and support Youth Fellowship leads and provide support for their fellowship coordination
- Recruit and support close to 100 volunteers for the various anti-racism education initiatives
- Liaise with city staff and elected representatives to support the DYF project in Toronto and explore ways to expand the program to other cities across Canada
- Coordinate the evaluation of the youth fellowship and anti-racism education projects
- Assist with other duties as assigned including any time sensitive COVID19 related responses needed to be under-taken by the organization
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years of experience in project management, including design, delivery and evaluation
- Experience in working with various diverse communities, especially on youth leadership programs
- Experience in fundraising and marketing for community development and education projects
- Familiarity of issues impacting the POC youth and the knowledge of the various community assets and resources available
- Understanding of anti-racism and anti-oppression framework and principles
- Strong communication skills and social media skills
- Experience in managing volunteers, and supervising staff
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills
- Strong computer skills including skills related to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Compensation: $40,000 to $50,000 annual salary (depending on qualifications and experience)
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by December 3rd, 2021 by 2pm, to:
UARR is committed to employment equity & encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.