UARR is seeking a Project Coordinator for our Racial Equity in Education Project. We are looking for a creative, curious, and motivated individual who is interested in gaining experience with education systems, anti-racism, anti-oppressive work, policy analysis and community outreach.
This is a full-time contract for 40 hours/week, from January to December 2023.
Deadline to apply is January 20th, 2023.
View the posting for details.
Job Title: Program Coordinator, Racial Equity in Education
Term: 40 hours/week from January 2023 to December 2023 (with a possibility of extension)
This is a hybrid position requiring some weekly travel to the office in Scarborough, Ontario.
- Organize education system related training sessions for parents and students in the Toronto, York, Durham and Peel regions
- Support various community-based campaigns for racial-justice related educational policy change across the province of Ontario
- Conduct research and analysis related to educational policies and promising practices
- Support partner organizations and their organizers in coordinating outreach to diverse communities around system’s change work as it relates to education
- Coordinate a youth-led engagement project aimed at organizing youth to get involved in system’s change work across the GTA in four communities and support expansion of the activities to rest of the Ontario
- Manage volunteers who are engaged in research and policy analysis, community outreach and communications
- Supervise staff working on community outreach for education advocacy projects
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of events or initiatives aimed to increase public awareness about racial inequities and related solutions in education
- Occasionally assist with preparing and delivering anti-racism and anti-oppression workshops to various stakeholders
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years of experience in project coordination
- Strong understanding of educational policies and issues related to racism in education
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in managing volunteers, supervising staff and facilitating educational sessions
- Strong research and communication skills
- Strong computer skills including skills related to social media and design
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- A solid understanding of anti-racism and anti-oppression framework
- Previous work experience around anti-racism and anti-oppression is an asset
Compensation: $40,000 to $50,000 annual salary (depending on qualifications and experience)
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by January 20th, 2023 by 2pm, to:
UARR is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.