UARR is currently taking applications for a Project Coordinator for the Racial Equity in Education Project.
Deadline to apply is September 29th.
View the posting for details.
Term: 35 hours/week from October 2021 to June 2022 (with a possibility of extension)
- Organize education system related training sessions for parents and students in the Toronto, York, Durham, Peel regions
- Coordinate various research related to educational policies and promising practices
- Support partner organizations and their organizers in coordinating outreach to diverse communities
- Supervise four part time staff working on reaching out to diverse communities
- Prepare and deliver anti-racism and anti-oppression workshops to various stakeholders
- Manage volunteers who are engaged in research and policy analysis, community outreach and communications
- Coordinate events aimed to increase public awareness about racial inequities and related solutions in education
- Support various community-based campaigns for racial-justice related educational policy change across the GTA
- Support gathering, documenting and sharing of information related to racism and anti-racist movements in Canada in the past fifty years.
- Minimum two years of experience in project coordination
- Strong understanding of educational policies and issues related to racism in education
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in managing volunteers, supervising staff and facilitating educational sessions
- Research and communication skills
- Strong computer skills including skills related to social media and design
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Understanding of anti-racism and anti-oppression framework
Compensation: $40,000 to $50,000 annual salary (depending on qualifications and experience)
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by September 29th, 2021 by 2pm, to:
UARR is committed to employment equity & encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.