The York Catholic District School Board invites applications for the position of:
Director of Education
Serving one of the fastest growing areas in North America, The York Catholic District School Board (YCDSB) operates in the Regional Municipality of York, located in the Greater Toronto Area. With 85 Elementary and 16 Secondary schools across the Region’s nine municipalities, the YCDSB works to support and inspire approximately 53,000 students and their families through an innovative curriculum of Catholic Education rooted in Gospel values.
As one of the top-performing school boards in Ontario, YCDSB’s more than 5,000 dedicated instructional staff are committed to building a strong community of lifelong learners, guided by a commitment to critical thinking, inclusion, and active social responsibility. YCDSB is governed by ten publicly elected trustees and has over 8,000 staff with an annual operating budget of approximately $530 million, making it one of the region’s largest employers.
The Director of Education is a strong Catholic role model who plays a key role in strategic planning, building staff relationships, implementing Board Policies and the day-to-day management of the system.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive management experience in the education sector with at least 5 years in a senior leadership position.
- A track record of effective business operations and senior management of people, budgets, and policies.
- Demonstrated meaningful leadership and a proven track record in the Catholic values of equity, diversity and inclusion. Specific experience in the areas of anti-racism, anti-Black racism, social justice initiatives, Indigenous education, LGBTQ and related policies, and initiatives.
- Experience working effectively in multi-layered, complex, sizeable organizations.
- Training and demonstrated experience in strategic and long-term planning, organizational development, administrative, financial, and operational planning.
- A collaborative and team-oriented operating style. Proven leadership in the management of professional staff, conflict resolution and problem solving. Experience working in a union environment.
- Proven experience engaging, building, and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships and partnerships with a multiple and diverse community members including parents, students, Trustees, staff, parish community, unions and government.
- Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) registered supporter of Catholic Education.
- An Ontario Supervisory Certificate and Ontario College of Teachers’ certificate in good standing.
Deadline for application: June 1, 2021. Qualified applicants are requested to submit a complete resume and a cover letter of no more than 500 words. Please include four preliminary references, one of which must be a current pastoral reference (references will not be contacted without prior consent). To explore this opportunity in confidence please contact our Executive Search Partner: Kerry Siegel at 416-630-5988 or [email protected].
Commitment to Equity: YCDSB is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment of diversity and employment equity and is dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities that we serve. We are proud to have built a culture that thrives on idea-sharing and collaboration, always finding ways to continue to create a warm, welcoming and inclusive work environment. We are committed to being an equitable employer, providing an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, including but not limited to, women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities, Indigenous persons, and ethnic visible minorities. YCDSB is an equal opportunity employer committed to accommodating the individual needs of candidates with disabilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process and we will work with you to address your needs.