UARR is currently taking applications for Racial Equity in Education Project Coordinator starting this Fall!
Deadline to apply is December 3rd!
View the posting for details.
Job Title: Project Coordinator, Racial Equity in Education
Term: 35 hours/week from January 2022 to December 2022 (with a possibility of extension)
- Organize education system related training sessions for parents and students in the Toronto, York, Durham, Peel regions
- Conduct research and analysis related to educational policies and promising practices
- Support partner organizations, their organizers, and part-time staff in coordinating outreach to diverse communities
- Manage volunteers who are engaged in research and policy analysis, community outreach and communications
- Assist with preparing and delivering anti-racism and anti-oppression workshops to various stakeholders
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, and progress of the Anti-Racism Education initiatives aimed to increase public awareness about racial inequities and advocate related solutions in education
- Support various community-based campaigns for racial-justice related educational policy change across the GTA, working predominantly with the GTA’s African, Caribbean, and Black communities
- Support gathering, documenting and sharing of information related to racism and anti-racist movements in recent Canadian history
- Support leadership with other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years of experience in project coordination
- Strong understanding of educational policies and issues related to racism in education
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in managing volunteers, supervising staff and facilitating educational sessions
- Strong research and communication skills
- Strong computer skills including skills related to social media and design
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- A solid understanding of anti-racism and anti-oppression framework
- Previous work experience around anti-racism and anti-oppression is an asset
Compensation: $40,000 to $50,000 annual salary (depending on qualifications and experience)
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by December 3rd, 2021 by 2pm, to:
UARR is committed to employment equity & encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.